The School Advisory Council for Teasley MS will meet at 4:00 PM in the Media Center on the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 27
- Tuesday, December 13
- Tuesday, February 28
- Tuesday, April 25
Purpose of the School Council
The General Assembly of Georgia created councils to “bring communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education problems, improve academic achievement, provide support for teachers and administrators, and bring parents into the school-based decision-making process.”
School Councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance and represent the community of parents and business.
- Members of the School Council will serve for a term of two years.
- The council will have a minimum of seven members.
- A parent member must serve as the chair.
School Council Accountability & Scope
The council is accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues
- Participate in council meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the school council and the community
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community
- Work to improve student achievement
- Provide advice and recommendations to the school principal and local board of education