Scholarships are updated on a frequent basis. Typically, scholarships are for seniors only, but once in a while you might find a scholarship for juniors. Check out this page on a regular basis, prepare your resume, and apply to as many as you might qualify for.
- For specific financial options for women, industry specific scholarships and educational tax benefits check out the following link :http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/womens-guide-paying-for-college/
For a variety of scholarship opportunities:
- www.free-4u.com *NEW
**NEW – 8/15/2016
Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation 2017 Youth Scholarship Program
Deadline: received by Sawnee by January 20, 2017
Eligibility: Must be a high school senior and his/her permanent residence must receive its electrical service from Sawnee EMC.
Applications are in student services.
**NEW – 8/25/2016
We at Coupon Chief have recently created a $1000 scholarship to help students defray school expenses, and we are trying to get the word out. For full details on the program, please visit:
**NEW – 8/26/2016
University of North Georgia
Seniors interested in becoming Army Officers
Do you know about the University of North Georgia (UNG) Corps of Cadets ; they are one of only six senior military colleges in the nation, and they are by far the least expensive. Cadets receive grants from the State of Georgia of up to $1,500 per year. To apply for the Army ROTC scholarship now visit: http://ung.edu/military-college-admissions/costs-financial-aid/scholarships-and-grants/army-rotc-scholarship.php . The first of three national boards meets in October. U.S. Army Cadet Command awarded 68 high school seniors scholarships who began as new Cadets at UNG this fall. In fact, we have over 250 scholarship recipients in our Corps of Cadets.
**NEW – 8/31/2016
The Sessions Law Firm
One-time scholarship worth $500 is available to all full-time high school seniors in Georgia who plan on attending a 2 or 4 year college. The minimum GPA required is 3.0 and the due date for this scholarship is May 31, 2017. The link to the scholarship is located here: http://thesessionslawfirm.com/macon-car-accident-lawyer/#scholarship-application
**NEW – 9/13/2016
Below is a list of several scholarship opportunities to check out:
DAVIDSON – Merit Scholarship Alert – Davidson’s two most prestigious Merit Scholarship coming soon!
THE BELK SCHOLARSHIP – Valued at over $63,000 each – Covering the comprehensive costs of attending Davidson (room, board, tuition, and fees). In addition Scholars also receive two special-study stipends of $3,000 each. Belk Scholars are those students whose outstanding intellectual ability and success, leadership experience, commitment to service and overall personal vigor mark them as those who will accomplish much and contribute most to the Davidson community and in their lives beyond their college years. Only one or two students may be nominated for the Belk Scholarship. If you would like to be considered as a candidate we must know no later than November 7th, 2016. Materials are available at http://www.davidson.edu/admission-and-financial-aid/john-belk-scholarship
THE BRYAN SCHOLARSHIP – The Lowell Bryan Scholarship, valued at $30,000 annually, is offered to two scholar-athletes (one woman and one man) in each entering class. Candidates are chosen on the basis of academic and personal excellence, strong promise of significant impact in their classes and in their lives on campus, and proven potential for significant success in Davidson’s NCAA Division I athletic program. Nomination deadline is September 30th, 2016. Materials can be found at http://www.davidson.edu/Bryan
For additional information and other merit opportunities at Davidson, contact Ms. Gardner Roller Ligo, Director of Merit Programs at 704-894-2970 or email email@example.com.
GO BUILD GEORGIA –In an effort to promote greater awareness of careers in the skilled trades, Go Build Georgia (GBG), in partnership with the Go Build Georgia Foundation, will award Go Build Georgia High Demand Career Scholarships, through a partnership with the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), to graduating high school seniors entering a TCSG institution in a field of study leading to a high-demand career in the skilled trades. The Go Build Georgia High Demand Career Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship that is geared toward programs leading to careers deemed “high demand,” as identified through the Governor’s High Demand Career Initiative. These scholarships can work in concert with the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grants (SIWDG) as they can be used to cover not only tuition, but may be used for requisite fees and materials.
Eligibility Requirements: In order to qualify for a scholarship provided through the Go Build Georgia Foundation, an applicant must: Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state of Georgia; Be a graduating 2016 high school senior from a Georgia high school; Must be admitted to or enrolled in one of the Technical Colleges at the time of funding award, in one of the following program areas that prepare the student for a career identified through the Governor’s High Demand Career Initiative and that falls within one of the Go Build Georgia industries (manufacturing, telecommunications, energy, logistics or construction); Plan to enroll in a Georgia Technical College no later than Summer 2017; Demonstrate in an essay (500 words or less) how this scholarship will benefit the applicant and his/her future educational plans; Include a Letter of Recommendation from either a high school instructor, counselor or administrator, or a school or Go Build Georgia industry partner; Provide a copy of the Technical College Acceptance Letter or class schedule; and, Should be registered in the GBG website database. Application cannot be processed unless all required documentation is attached to application at the time of submission.
Award: Scholarship will be awarded in the amount of up to a maximum of $1,000 per student to be used within one academic year. The funds will be sent to the Technical College to be applied to the student’s account. Funds are to be used for tuition, books, requisite fees, or program supplies. Funds must be used by the end of the 2016-2017 Academic Year. The number of scholarships awarded will be determined by funding available each fiscal year. Scholarships will be awarded three times each year in Spring, Summer and Fall. Termination: If the recipient fails to enroll, or does not maintain eligibility requirements, funds will remain with the Go Build Georgia Foundation
- Deadlines: The deadlines for applications are as follows: June 15 (Fall), November 15 (Spring), March 15 (Summer).Complete the electronic application including all documentation at: www.gobuildgeorgia.com
- Selection: The Go Build Georgia Scholarship Selection Committee shall select and notify the scholarship recipient. The Go Build Georgia Foundation will notify the student’s college of the award and will remit funds awarded directly to the college. Go Build Georgia special activity school Grant – Go Build Georgia (GBG) and the Go Build Georgia Foundation have partnered with the Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Division (CTAE) of the Georgia Department of Education (GDOE) in an effort to promote greater awareness of careers in the skilled trades by awarding Go Build Georgia Grants to GDOE secondary, middle and high school level institutions for GBG-aligned special activities (e.g. a site visit to an advanced manufacturing operation). Additionally, these grants are intended to foster the establishment and growth of strong partnerships between schools and local businesses. To be considered for a grant award, a Georgia middle school or high school must submit an electronic application to CTAE, where it will receive initial vetting and approval, before being forwarded to GBG for final consideration. Eligibility: In order to be considered for award, grant applications must be submitted on behalf of a GDOE institution (secondary, middle or high school grade level)
- be for a GBG-aligned special activity or event (for example, a site visit to advanced manufacturing operation);
- be for an activity that does not regularly occur and for which funding is not otherwise available;
- be for an activity that conforms to GDOE – CTAE program regulations; and
- include an electronic application with sufficient detail (Deadlines: September 30, 2016, December 31, 2016, and March 31, 2017. http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/CTAE/Pages/default.aspx
Grants will be awarded from the GBG Foundation in the amount of up to $500. The funds will be sent to the applicant institution from the GBG Foundation through a reimbursement process to be applied toward the purpose specified in the grant application. The number of grants awarded each fiscal year will be determined by funding availability as well as by the strength of each application.
The GBG Special Activity School Grant will run concurrent with all CTAE grants and be active on the CTAE website March 28, 2016 to May 15, 2016. Only electronic applications will be considered, and must be complete providing all required documentation with sufficient detail.
The Law Offices Of J. Lee Webb – Deadline May 31, 2017 Law firm located in Athens, GA. The Law Offices Of J. Lee Webb is pleased to offer the Family First Scholarship. This scholarship is reserved for high school students nationwide and also current college students that plan on or are currently attending a 4-year college/university and are the first in their family to pursue a college education and degree.
- Funds will be sent directly to the winner’s college or university
- Scholarship is a one-time award totaling $1,000
- Scholarship applications MUST be submitted by May 31, 2017
- A winner will be announced in July 2017
Online application can be found at http://athenscriminallawyer.com/#scholarship-application. You can also find our eligibility requirements and other pertinent information on that page.
AES Scholarship Deadline Is Approaching
The deadline for the AES Scholarship is October 6, 2016.
Visit our website at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm and please encourage your students to apply. We wish them all good luck!