The Cherokee County School Nutrition Program is dedicated to promoting the health and well being of our children by providing healthy, nutritious meals prepared in sanitary facilities and served in a pleasant atmosphere.
The Cherokee County School Nutrition Program takes pride in being a highly trained, dedicated, professional team whose mission is to assist in educating the students to make healthier food choices for life. We will accomplish our mission by utilizing advances in technology and providing quality nutritious food choices in a nurturing, caring, clean environment while working with students, teachers, staff and parents.
Our team of food service professionals work diligently every day to provide nutritious assistance programs, including the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), meet individuals food and nutrition needs. USDA Foods represent 15-20% of all food served in school meals and our specifications for these foods meet or exceed standards set for commercial products.
It is our objective to provide attractive, well-balanced meals with prompt and courteous service. Our food service team works hard daily to provide the best for our students. We look forward to serving your child!
Did you know…..
- We served over 1.1 million school breakfasts and over 4 million school lunches during the 2015-2016 school year.
- There are 40 food service operations, including Ralph Bunche Center PreK, L. R. Tippens Learning Center and ACE Academy.
- 23 Elementary Schools
- 7 Middle Schools
- 6 High Schools
- We employ over 300 food service professionals.
- SNP is self-supporting. No financial support is currently received from local tax dollars to support our program. The majority of funds received are from our customers (students and adults) that eat with us and reimbursement from the Federal Government. The program receives minimal breakfast funding from the state, which is determined on an annual basis.
- The SNP health inspection scores for food service operations average 98.5 or higher.
- All of SNP employees take required sanitation training and our Kitchen Managers and Assistant Managers are ServSafe certified. We are also HACCP and OSHA compliant.