Serving on the School Council is an opportunity for parents/guardians to come together with school administration, teachers, and business leaders in our community to participate in the school improvement and student achievement process. School councils shall provide advice, recommendations, and assistance related to topics encompassing the total school environment and represents the community of parents and businesses.
The requirements for the open positions state that you must be a parent or guardian of a student currently enrolled at Johnston Elementary School. Interested individuals must be willing to serve for a two year term (one year terms are allowed if the student is currently in 5th grade) and attend quarterly meetings at the school.
The JES School Council Members for the 2016-17 school year are:
Principal – Amy Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Jennifer Perdue (2) email@example.com
2. Tiffany Jones (1) firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Lisa Prewett (1) email@example.com
1. Scott Cudabac (2) firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Nathan Padilla (1) NathanP@ymcaatlanta.org
1. Michael L’Esperance (1) email@example.com
2. Susan Turco (2) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates of the meetings:
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 7:30 AM at JES
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 7:30 AM at JES
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 7:30 AM at JES
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 7:30 AM at JES