What is my Counselors Job?
· Works with students, parents, and teachers/administrators
· Counsels students individually, in small group, and in classroom settings
· Helps to identify the needs of children
· Encourages better students relationships
· Promotes positive attitudes and good choices
· Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
· Provides preventive and developmental guidance
· Response to Intervention
· Coordinates standardized testing for the school
How can I see my counselor?
· Students may refer themselves by asking a teacher
· Parents may refer their child
· Teachers/administrators may refer students
· Counseling is a voluntary and confidential service!
Mrs. Sharon Sullivan
Also, please know that health action plans may be dropped off on Friday, July 28th for students with health conditions such as severe allergies, seizures, asthma, etc. They are to have the action plans filled out by the doctor over the summer, and return them to the clinic, with necessary medications on Meet and Greet day, July 28th.
Thanks so much for your help!
Sharon Sullivan, R.N.
Free Home Elementary School Nurse