THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE COUNTY SPORTS HALL OF FAME
This agreement entered into on this 19th day of March, 2015, by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School
Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame, hereinafter referred to as “CCSHOF.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become contributing
citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make responsible
decisions and adapt to the challenges of the future; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and
community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat
parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of
higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, CCSHOF is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to recognize those
individuals whose achievements and efforts have enhanced sports, athletics and recreation
in Cherokee County. In addition to honoring those who make significant contributions to
the county’s sports legacy, the CCSHOF will promote and provide inspiration in sports and
athletics for the county’s youth.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the
parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein
The School Board will:
1. Promote CCSHOF programs, events and nominations through existing
communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
2. Provide nominations from each of the District’s high schools for CCSHOF Male
and Female Outstanding Senior Athlete.
3. Post a photo of the CCSHOF Outstanding Senior Athletes on the District’s website
for an appropriate period of time after the annual CCSHOF banquet.
1. Recognize the outstanding accomplishments of deserving Cherokee County
individuals with induction into the CCSHOF. A plaque for each inductee will be on
display at the Cherokee County YMCA.
2. Recognize Cherokee County High School’s Male and Female Outstanding Senior
Athletes at the annual CCSHOF banquet.
3. Sponsor the annual Cherokee County School District Senior Bowl in accordance
with the District Office of School Operations.
4. Provide a CCSHOF representative, upon request, to present the CCSHOF
Outstanding Senior Athlete awards at high school awards ceremonies.
5. Provide CCSHOF historical and promotional displays at various CCSD athletic
6. Confer with CCSD high school coaches and athletic directors to identify individuals
worthy of nomination for induction into the CCSHOF.
The term of this contract is March 19, 2015 through March 19, 2016. This contract
shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party
notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the
other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the
Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, GA 30114,
and to the President of the Cherokee County Sports Hall of Fame at 151 Waleska Street,
Canton, GA 30114.