THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THE CHEROKEE CHORALE
This agreement entered into on this 10th day of November, 2011 by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board”
Cherokee Chorale, hereinafter referred to as Chorale.
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become
contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information,
utilize technology effectively, make responsible decisions and adapt to the challenges of
the future; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase
parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices
that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local
institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational
WHEREAS, the Chorale’s mission is to enrich the quality
of life by promoting, developing and coordinating vocal/choral performance and
WHEREAS, the Chorale recognizes music performance and education as central in the programming scope of the Chorale and further recognizes the need to increase vocal and choral education in Cherokee County.
Now, therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein
the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated
herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Provide the use school system facilities, waiving the rental fee as per the
Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), for professional development
and camp opportunities as coordinated by The Chorale will be responsible for any applicable utility, supervisory and/or custodial fees associated with facility use.
2. Promote Chorale programs and events through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy, (including interoffice mail), specifically the promotion of summer camp and to support choral workshops to assist and strengthen high school and middle school choirs with the preparation necessary for District and State Choral Clinics and
4. Explore/pursue joint grant and professional development opportunities in both
parties’ best interest.
The Chorale will:
1. Provide qualified choral directors to assist in the preparation of high school and
middle school choirs for district and state festivals/competition.
2. Provide opportunities as agreed upon by both parties for CCSD high school or
middle school choirs to perform at a Chorale performance.
3. Explore/pursue joint grant and professional development opportunities in both
parties’ best interest.
4. Provide scholarship opportunities, as funds are available, to Cherokee County
School District students who are seeking to further their education or career in Vocal Performance or Vocal Education.
5. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the facility use contract at each
facility and those contained in the Community Use of System Facilities Policy (KG), including payment of utility, custodial and supervisory fees when
6. Conduct an interview with the principal of the facility prior to and after the use of the facility.
7. Provide a certificate of insurance naming the Cherokee County School Board as an additional insured for $1,000,000 of coverage on the liability insurance policy
and proof of additional insurance for medical coverage of camp participants.
8. Provide judges for the School System Young Authors Fair (music entries),
Governors Honors, and other related functions.
9. Offer monetary support to supply vocal artists/programs to Title I schools as
funds are available.
10. Include CCSD High School and Middle School performance information on the Chorale webpage, www.cherokeechorale.org.
11. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs
without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or
handicapping condition. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided
all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of
the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, the Chorale must
adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is November 10, 2011 through November 10, 2012. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written
notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to
the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia
30114, and to the President of the Cherokee Chorale at P.O. Box 965,
Canton, Georgia 30169