THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ARAMARK MANAGEMENT SERVICES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
This agreement is entered into on this 4th day of February 2016, by and between The Cherokee County Board of Education (hereinafter referred to as the “School Board”), and ARAMARK Management Services Limited Partnership (hereinafter referred to as “Aramark”).
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make responsible decisions, utilize technology effectively, and adapt to the challenges of the future; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, Aramark believes in being a good corporate citizen and the importance of involvement in the communities in which its employees live and work.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Provide in the spring of 2016 and 2017 two (2) qualified candidates from the graduating class from each of the School District’s six (6) traditional high schools to each receive a one-time $500 college scholarship.
2. Promote the scholarship through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy, including the posting of a notice on the online Virtual Community Bulletin Board.
3. Provide School District staff to work with a committee comprised of community members and Aramark representatives in the selection of these recipients.
4. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
5. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
1. Provide a $500 one-time scholarship in the spring of 2016 and 2017 to two (2) qualified candidates from the graduating class from each of the School District’s six (6) traditional high schools for a total of $6,000.
2. Work with the School District staff and a committee comprised of community members and Aramark representatives in the selection of these recipients.
3. Present these scholarship awards at a Board of Education meeting.
4. Provide speakers for Career Days and similar opportunities when staff members are available.
5. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
6. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
7. Accept all children/interested participants for participation in the foregoing scholarship program without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. Aramark shall adhere to all local, State or Federal laws in connection with the covenants and conditions set forth in this agreement.
The term of this agreement is February 4, 2016 to February 4, 2018.
This agreement may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. In addition, this agreement shall automatically terminate upon the non-renewal, expiration or earlier termination, for any reason, of that certain Custodial Services Agreement by and between Aramark and the Cherokee County School District dated as of September 10, 2013, as the same may be amended, renewed and/or extended from time to time. All notices to a party in connection with this agreement shall be provided in writing and given to: if to the School Board, the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, GA 30114 and, if to Aramark, the Aramark Regional Vice President (East), Education K-12 at 1101 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19107, or such other address if notice is given by either party of a new address pursuant to this notice section.