THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THE CHEROKEE TRIBUNE
This agreement entered into on 17th day of August, 2017 by and between the Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board” and the Cherokee Tribune, hereinafter referred to as “Tribune.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to educate the emerging generation through learning environments designed to increase the performance of all students; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process, and
WHEREAS, the mission of the Tribune is to provide Cherokee County readers with essential information, comprehensive coverage and informed opinion showcased in a daily newspaper that meets the highest standards in layout, design and reproduction and while operating as efficiently and profitably as possible, provide our readers and advertisers superb service and our employees a safe, clean environment which fosters personal growth.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference
The School Board will:
1. Promote Tribune programs/announcements through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy.
The Tribune will:
1. Grant the school system permission to use articles and photographs from the Tribune for its website and in school system publications provided that the Tribune is credited.
2. The Tribune’s staff members will serve as career day speakers at schools and as resources for news and journalism courses.
3. Hold a luncheon with its staff for all principals, School Board Members and the Superintendent of Schools every fall in order to inform them of opportunities for schools to be a part of the Tribune and to hear their input.
4. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition or any other discrimination recognized and prohibited by State or Federal Law. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, the Tribune must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is August 17, 2017 through August 17, 2018. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, GA 30114, and to the News Editor, Cherokee Tribune, 521 East Main Street at Canton, GA 30114.