THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE TENNIS ASSOCIATION
This agreement entered into on this 6th day of December, 2012 by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School
Cherokee Tennis Association hereinafter referred to as “CTA.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become
contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make
responsible decisions and adapt to the challenges of the future; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase
parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices
that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local
institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational
WHEREAS, CTA’s purpose is to promote the development of tennis as a means
of healthful recreation and physical and mental well-being for all residents of north
WHEREAS, CTA is dedicated to growing league play and bringing the best
tennis programs possible to the citizens of Cherokee County.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein
the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated
herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Promote CTA programs and events through existing communication channels, as
permitted by School Board policy, including the posting of notices on the online Virtual
Community Bulletin Board.
2. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
3. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
1. Sponsor a free USTA (United States Tennis Association) training workshop for School
District elementary school Physical Education (PE) teachers and provide free equipment
and curriculum to all School District elementary schools that agree to become USTA
members and teach four weeks of tennis curriculum for two school years.
2. Sponsor an end-of-year tennis festival for participating elementary schools.
3. Provide speakers for Career Days and similar opportunities.
4. Explore professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
5. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
6. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without
regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping
condition. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of
supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a
result of this partnership agreement, CTA must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws
The term of this contract is December 6, 2012 through December 5, 2013. This
contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless
either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written
notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to
the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia
30114, and to Cherokee Tennis Association, P.O. Box 591, Holly Springs, Georgia