THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE COUNTY EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
This agreement entered into on this 6th day of December, 2012 by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School
Cherokee County Educational Foundation hereinafter referred to as “Foundation.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become
contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make
responsible decisions, utilize technology effectively and adapt to the challenges of the
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase
parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices
that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local
institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational
WHEREAS, the Foundation’s mission is to support students and staff of the
School District by promoting teaching and learning and celebrating achievements; and,
WHEREAS, the Foundation seeks funding and resources to enrich Cherokee
County School District schools in areas not fully funded in the regular school program.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein
the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated
herein by reference:
The School Board will:
1. Serve in four ex-officio roles on the Foundation’s Board of Directors: School Board
Chairman, School Board Vice Chairman, Superintendent of Schools (or designee) and
Assistant Superintendent for Financial Management (or designee).
2. Recognize the Foundation as a School-Allied entity for Facility Use and Special
Interest Materials Distribution purposes.
3. Provide the use of and access to office space, equipment, supplies and other resources
in the Office of Public Information, Communications and Partnerships.
4. Provide the use of and access to the Teacher Resource Center at ACE Academy.
5. Provide meeting space in the Historic Canton High School/School Board Auditorium.
6. Provide the Foundation a web page on the School District website to communicate
information, as permitted by School Board policy, and provide a link to the Foundation’s
website when it is constructed.
7. Provide a School District voicemail mailbox for receipt of Foundation messages.
8. Promote Foundation programs and events through existing communication channels,
as permitted by School Board Policy, including the posting of notices on the online
Virtual Community Bulletin Board.
9. Allow a countywide payroll deduction option for donations to the Foundation, with the
assurance of both parties of maintaining employee confidentiality.
10. Provide the opportunity for a Foundation representative to speak at the
Superintendent’s annual opening of school year Administrative Workshop and
11. Provide the opportunity for School District employees to work cooperatively with the
Foundation to hold special fundraising events in schools and the community.
12. Provide a School District Office of Financial Management audit of Foundation
finances and assistance with filing of an IRS tax-exempt application and Federal and
State tax returns.
13. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
The Foundation will:
1. Provide financial support to the School District through sponsorship of educational
programs and grants to schools, teachers, staff and students.
2. Abide by the rules and regulations contained in the Community Use of System
Facilities Policy (KG).
3. Provide Foundation content for a web page on the School District website that will be
linked to the Foundation’s website when it is constructed.
4. Maintain employee confidentiality in regards to payroll deductions made as donations
to the Foundation.
5. Provide a Foundation representative to speak at the annual Administrative Workshop
and Principals’ Meetings.
6. Pursue joint grant opportunities in both parties’ best interests.
7. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without
regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping
condition. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of
supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a
result of this partnership agreement, the Foundation must adhere to all local, State or
Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is December 6, 2012 through December 5, 2013. This
contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless
either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written
notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to
the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, Georgia
30114, and to Cherokee County Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 4754, Canton,