THE CHEROKEE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
CHEROKEE COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL
This agreement entered into on this 20th day of October, 2011, by and between
The Cherokee County Board of Education, hereinafter referred to as the “School Board”
Cherokee County Arts Council, hereinafter referred to as “CCAC.”
WHEREAS, the School Board’s mission is to enable all students to become contributing citizens who can communicate effectively, gather and use information, make responsible decisions and adapt to the challenges of the future; and,
WHEREAS, one of the School Board’s Major System Priorities is to increase parental and community involvement through public engagement policies and practices that treat parents, businesses, community-based organizations and agencies, local institutions of higher learning and other public entities as true partners in the educational process; and,
WHEREAS, CCAC’s mission is to enrich the quality of life by promoting, developing and coordinating Excellence in the Arts; and,
WHEREAS, the CCAC recognizes arts education as central in the programming scope of the CCAC and further recognizes the need to increase arts education in Cherokee County.
Now therefore in consideration of the covenants and conditions set forth herein the parties agree as follows:
The parties agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct and incorporated herein by reference.
The School Board will:
1. Promote CCAC programs and events through existing communication channels, as permitted by School Board policy, specifically the promotion of summer camp, Arts on Tour to elementary and middle school principals and additional offerings during break weeks under the modified school calendar.
2. Explore/pursue joint grant and professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interest, with the goal of submitting at least two proposals a year.
3. Proclaim March as National Youth Art Month.
4. Will provide technological assistance to CCAC pursuant to relevant joint projects as described in Article III.
1. Conduct three (elementary, middle and high schools) youth art exhibits during National Art Youth Month.
2. Allow for the utilization of CCAC auditorium for Academy Street Theatre productions and high school one-act play productions. The Academy Street Theatre group representative will meet with CCAC officials prior to such use to mutually agree upon logistics and associated fees.
3. Conduct an annual High School Thespian Field Day Meeting at CCAC Facility.
4. Provide judges for the School System Science Olympiad, Social Science Fair, Young Authors Fair, Governors Honors, Speech Contests and other related functions as requested.
5. Investigate the creation of a Cherokee County Arts Resource Guide.
6. Plan, develop and implement a comprehensive Arts Presenting Program with related field trips to CCAC Arts Center.
7. Create a Youth Arts Leadership Council (selecting four representatives from each high school from music, visual arts, drama and literary arts disciplines).
8. Explore/pursue joint grant and professional development opportunities in both parties’ best interest.
9. Shall not discriminate against any partnership participant because of race, national origin, age or disability.
10. Will plan and conduct an annual appreciation event for area art teachers.
11. Accept all children/interested participants for participation within its programs without regard to their gender, race, political affiliation, age, national origin or handicapping condition. Children/participants with handicaps must be provided all necessary levels of supervision and must be included within the activities of the partnering organization. As a result of this partnership agreement, CCAC must adhere to all local, State or Federal laws regarding education.
The term of this contract is October 20, 2011 through October 20, 2012. This contract shall automatically renew for additional terms not to exceed five years unless either party notifies the other at least 60 days prior to renewal date.
This contract may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party with or without cause. All notice of this contract shall be given to the Superintendent of Cherokee County Schools at 110 Academy Street, Canton, GA 30114, and to the President of the Cherokee Arts Center at 94 North Street, Canton, GA 30114.