Who are we?
Clark Creek Elementary STEM Academy opened its doors in 2012 under the visionary guidance of the former Superintendent, Dr. Frank Petruzielo and founding principal, Dr. Jennifer Scrivner. Clark Creek ES STEM Academy is one of four STEM Academies launched in CCSD during the 2012-13 school year as part of the first phase of the Cherokee Academies school choice initiative and was selected as CCSD’s pilot school for pursuing the State STEM certification. Also a Title I school in the Etowah Innovation Zone, Clark Creek has earned numerous accolades in its brief history.
Building the future….One student at a time!
Clark Creek Elementary STEM Academy strives to prepare every child to successfully navigate present and future opportunities as leaders, collaborators, and innovators.
In an ever-changing society, Clark Creek Elementary STEM Academy stakeholders are committed to facilitating relevant interdisciplinary learning environments to empower students to reach their fullest potential through STEM integration that fosters innate curiosity and
At Clark Creek ES STEM Academy, we believe:
- our school is an exciting and safe place to promote and encourage academic risk-taking where students are actively engaged in their own learning and have the opportunity to explore their personal interests.
- integration of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics will lead our students to become productive members of a global society, ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- each student has the capability of reaching his/her full potential socially, emotionally, and academically.
- in developing and nurturing future problem solvers through differentiated instruction within a collaborative classroom.
- in establishing a collaborative cohort of stakeholders, including staff, students, parents, surrounding businesses, and local educational institutions, for the purpose of promoting and modeling a lifelong love of learning.