Notice of Vacancy: Cherokee County Superintendent of Schools
Category : CCSD
September 18, 2015 VACANCY NOTICE (…effective Feb. 1, 2016) Cherokee County Superintendent of Schools
In order to be considered for this present vacancy, all applicants must submit an application form. Resumes do not substitute for an application form. An applicant’s file must contain: a formal letter of application, completed application form including a completed financial and criminal background screening authorization (available upon request from Roach, Caudill & Gunn at 770.479.1406), current resume and transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate-level education. Applications must be received by Roach, Caudill & Gunn, 111 W. Main St., Canton, Ga. 30114 and postmarked by midnight on October 19, 2015.
A full brochure is posted below.
- Strong educational leader, advocate and spokesperson for public education
- Commitment to a comprehensive education for all students
- Successful teaching and school system superintendent or senior staff-level administrative experience
- Proven record in curriculum and instructional development, educational finance and budgeting and supervision of a substantial school construction program
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and management skills
- High standards of professional conduct
- Ability to work cooperatively with a School Board and the broader community
- Doctorate degree in education is preferred
Applicants are subject to financial and criminal background checks and must verify and document previous leadership experiences. Under Georgia’s Open Records Act, names and information with respect to as many as three finalist candidates under consideration must be released by CCSD to the public. The Cherokee County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age or disability in its employment practices.