Canvas Learning Management System
Category : Uncategorized
Cherokee County School District welcomes you to experience Canvas, our new Learning Management System, which will replace Aspen Pages and grade books beginning in the Fall of 2017. Below, you will find a step-by-step process to sign up and visit your child/children’s Canvas account. You will need to set up a parent account in Canvas to view your child’s lessons, assignments, videos, resources, weblinks, and grades.
If you are a parent who participated in the 2016-2017 Canvas Pilot, you will not need to recreate an account since you already have one.
Step 1: Go to myccsd.instructure.com Or click on the link below and select “Parent Login”: https://myccsd.instructure.com/login/canvas
Step 2: Set up your Account:
See “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here for an Account”
Step 3: Parent Signup
Enter the following information
- Enter your name
- Enter your email
- Enter your child’s Username
(This is your child’s School ID#)
- Enter your child’s password (This is your child’s GTID#)
- Click “Start Participating”
You will receive an email from Instructure Canvas. Click the link provided in the email to finish the registration.
Step 4: Welcome Aboard!
To complete the registration process, fill out the following fields:
- Login: verify your email.
- Password: set your password.
- Time Zone: select your time zone from the drop- down menu. (we are in the Eastern Time Zone)
- Click “Register”. You will be redirected to the Canvas login page for your account.
You are now registered!
Go back to https://myccsd.instructure.com/login/canvas, click “Parent Login”, then log in using your email and password.
To Observe Additional Students:
1. Select “Account”
2. Open “Settings”
3. Click “Observing”
To Add Another Student:
- Under “Username”, enter student’s School ID#
- Under “Password”, enter your child’s GTID #
- Click “Add Student”
Note: If you only have one student, you don’t need to “add student.”